Friday, September 9, 2011

Cajun Rum Raisin

I saved my two favorites for last. I have tasted both before. I like this one because of the add ins go figure. The raisin are a dried fruit and absorb the rum so they are tender with no chewy skin. The rum which is made in New Orleans in especially smooth with no raw alcohol taste. But the killer add in is the cayenne pepper. They use just the right amount. First taste is the creamy ice cream then a faint heat after you swallow. Just a pleasant warmth that cut through the creamy mouth feel of the ice cream. For me that prepares my palate for the next spoon. I do not get that taste bud fatigue of a constanly sweet and fatty taste spoonful after spoonful. I just love it. If you have not figured it out yet I love spicy sweet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: